YouTube video of cops beating up a guy in the Bronx. Two cops haul him off the bus and hold him while he searches his pockets for his ticket. When he finds it and indignantly shows it, they don’t let him go but continue to manhandle him. Four more cops join in, they wrestle him face down to the ground and handcuff him. With five cops on top of him, another cop kicks him. And that’s what they do if you have your ticket.
Like this blog?Bookmark it and inflict it on others!
"In ceasing to be an adversary one becomes an accomplice."
- John Leonard
Judge Wool says
- The “winning” brief: good writing has nothing to do with it.
- Squawk takes a vacation
- What oral argument should look like
- The appellate advocacy board game
- Breaking news: King John signs Magna Carta
- Six exciting People’s positions with illustrations
- Replacing jail with drug (mis)treatment
- Judge Bludgeon goes to science camp
- Appellate briefs are junk mail
- Sado-masochism in federal court
- Judge Bludgeon picks a jury
- Have you been “friended” by DA Vandal?
- PROSECUTORS ADMIT WRONGFUL CONVICTIONS: THE FOX IS VERY SORRY AND WILL RETURN THE CHICKENS.
- The Court of Appeals gets righteous
- How to make jail visitors comfortable: fingerprint them
- In Ceremonial Deism We Trust
- Praise the Lord and renew my drivers license
- Supreme Court serves up freedom-destroying cocktail
- Cop gets booboo, client gets 5 years (addendum)
- The revolt of the court reporters (addendum)
- The Justice Scalia Show
- “I may be a lawyer but I think like a criminal”
- The First Department takes a stand
- Judge Wool’s refrigerator magnet decision writing kit
- Don’t forget your bus ticket in the Bronx
- Valentine’s day card from Capital One
- Humor, Brooklyn DA style
- NYPD deprived of stop ‘n’ frisk turns to eviction
- Peering into peer review
- Judge Magoo pulls our leg
- Bronx judge censured over potted plant
- Where to get a bail bond in the Bronx and other advice
- Prosecutors’ junta gets coal in its stocking for Christmas
- Stocking stuffers for holiday judge-shopping
- The naughty/nice hearings
- Appellate Squawk’s holiday guide to judge-shopping
- “I’m Going to Federal Court! with Mark & Julie”
- Terrorists force First Department to read briefs
- Don’t call the Government the Government
- Advice from a talking paper clip
- The immortal NY Court of Appeals
- The interrogation industry: Part 2
- The interrogation industry: Part 1
- Eliot Spitzer finds Jesus
- Fast food, slow law
- Judge Wool’s guide to appellate review
- Everything is voluntary. . . in its own wa-ay
- Mayor Bloomberg says soda makes you fat
- SORNA: Buy it first, then ask if it works.
- Secrets of appellate advocacy
- Follow appellatesquawk on WordPress.com