Seen in the special drug part of the Bronx Hall of Justice: a bumper sticker reading “Drug Court WORKS,” illustrated by a gavel with two snakes twined around the handle.
Looks like a deadly poisonous combination.
Like this blog?Bookmark it and inflict it on others!
Judge Wool says
Today’s Quote"There is an enormous difference between life and intelligent life." From "This Will Make You Smarter," John Brockman, ed.
- Are you a cissy?
- Powerpoint for the defense
- Prosecutor Powerpoint and Wigmore’s horse
- In memory of Dennis Murphy, public defender
- When is a trial not a trial? When there’s no jury.
- How to describe judicial decisionmaking without being held in contempt
- The Court of Appeals rules on SORA
- From the archives: Judge Rakoff on graffiti and Oedipus Rex
- Lunar New Year message: take a tip from the fish
- DOJ recommends new photo array procedures: no hints allowed.
- Buttering up the judge
- Judge Saxe tells all
- Happy New Year from the compassionate NYPD
- Santa Claus is Level 3
- Vwar deer or vor dire? A guest post from the Public Defender of Harris Co., Texas
- Trump promotes job opportunties for ex-offenders
- Brooklyn DA prosecutes purse snatching as a hate crime
- Is your brief turgid and prolix?
- What’s wrong with this picture?
- Squawk is sent to PC training — again.
- What do legislators know about the Constitution?
- How to keep your brief under the word limit
- Do prosecutors know the truth from a lie?
- Homeland Security announces contest for best sex offender passport design
- Brooklyn DA Thompson on Gun Control
- Prez advisors warn: halt convictions based on pseudoscience
- Ken Thompson, Brooklyn’s model DA
- Not the News: ISIS Highly Insulted by Trump’s Crediting Obama as Founder
- SORA: The human cost of junk science
- The NY Court of Appeals gets its comeuppance
- Guest Post: Exoneration after 25 Years Is Great but Competent Appellate Review at the Time Would Have Been Better
- Justice Ginsburg speaks her mind. . . and is sorry.
- Punishing misconduct: Prosecutors can dish it out but can’t take it
- Court of Appeals to Squawk: Drop Dead
- Is a Parrot’s Statement Testimonial?
- Time for courts to put their money where their mouth is about eyewitness misidentification
- Guest post: Proposed Additions to the NY Penal Code
- Sheldon Silver’s Life Matters: Part 2
- Sheldon Silver’s Life Matters
- We find no error “under the circumstances”
- How the Appellate Division reads your brief
- Happy 20th Birthday, SORA, may you die soon.
- A Matter of Gravity
- More Client-Centered than Thou
- Judge Weinstein at the Brooklyn Historical Society
- Can Lawyers Be Robots?
- JUDGE WOOL TAPPED FOR HIGH COURT CHIEF, VOWS REVERSAL QUOTAS
- Ferreting out the 4-year olds
- Videotaping Interrogations: The Court of Appeals Blows It
- Follow Appellate Squawk on WordPress.com