Available for $12.98 from the Appellate Division Gift Shop. A portion of every sale will be donated to the Judicial Literacy Project.
Like this blog?Bookmark it and inflict it on others!
"Albany isn't as dysfunctional as Washington."
- NYC Police Commissioner Bratton
Judge Wool says
- In Defense of Sheldon Silver
- JE SUIS CHARLIE, cont’d
- JE SUIS CHARLIE
- Clap your hands if you believe in judges
- The prosecutor instructs the Grand Jury
- Vote for Squawk!
- Let’s solve the Etan Patz case with a wrongful conviction
- Taking it to the streets with balloons
- Bratton the bullshit machine
- “Ten ways to improve the First Department”
- Queens DA to arrestees: “I’m from the government and I’m here to help you.”
- Ratting out the First Amendment
- A prison by any other name would smell as sweet
- The “winning” brief: good writing has nothing to do with it.
- Squawk takes a vacation
- What oral argument should look like
- The appellate advocacy board game
- Breaking news: King John signs Magna Carta
- Six exciting People’s positions with illustrations
- Replacing jail with drug (mis)treatment
- Judge Bludgeon goes to science camp
- Appellate briefs are junk mail
- Sado-masochism in federal court
- Judge Bludgeon picks a jury
- Have you been “friended” by DA Vandal?
- PROSECUTORS ADMIT WRONGFUL CONVICTIONS: THE FOX IS VERY SORRY AND WILL RETURN THE CHICKENS.
- The Court of Appeals gets righteous
- How to make jail visitors comfortable: fingerprint them
- In Ceremonial Deism We Trust
- Praise the Lord and renew my drivers license
- Supreme Court serves up freedom-destroying cocktail
- Cop gets booboo, client gets 5 years (addendum)
- The revolt of the court reporters (addendum)
- The Justice Scalia Show
- “I may be a lawyer but I think like a criminal”
- The First Department takes a stand
- Judge Wool’s refrigerator magnet decision writing kit
- Don’t forget your bus ticket in the Bronx
- Valentine’s day card from Capital One
- Humor, Brooklyn DA style
- NYPD deprived of stop ‘n’ frisk turns to eviction
- Peering into peer review
- Judge Magoo pulls our leg
- Bronx judge censured over potted plant
- Where to get a bail bond in the Bronx and other advice
- Prosecutors’ junta gets coal in its stocking for Christmas
- Stocking stuffers for holiday judge-shopping
- The naughty/nice hearings
- Appellate Squawk’s holiday guide to judge-shopping
- “I’m Going to Federal Court! with Mark & Julie”
- Follow appellatesquawk on WordPress.com