Like this blog?Bookmark it and inflict it on others!
Judge Wool says
“Life is anything that dies when you stomp on it.”
— Dave Barry
- Police Commissioner announces new anti-spitting technology
- “The War on Sex”
- Are you a cissy?
- Powerpoint for the defense
- Prosecutor Powerpoint and Wigmore’s horse
- In memory of Dennis Murphy, public defender
- When is a trial not a trial? When there’s no jury.
- How to describe judicial decisionmaking without being held in contempt
- The Court of Appeals rules on SORA
- From the archives: Judge Rakoff on graffiti and Oedipus Rex
- Lunar New Year message: take a tip from the fish
- DOJ recommends new photo array procedures: no hints allowed.
- Buttering up the judge
- Judge Saxe tells all
- Happy New Year from the compassionate NYPD
- Santa Claus is Level 3
- Vwar deer or vor dire? A guest post from the Public Defender of Harris Co., Texas
- Trump promotes job opportunties for ex-offenders
- Brooklyn DA prosecutes purse snatching as a hate crime
- Is your brief turgid and prolix?
- What’s wrong with this picture?
- Squawk is sent to PC training — again.
- What do legislators know about the Constitution?
- How to keep your brief under the word limit
- Do prosecutors know the truth from a lie?
- Homeland Security announces contest for best sex offender passport design
- Brooklyn DA Thompson on Gun Control
- Prez advisors warn: halt convictions based on pseudoscience
- Ken Thompson, Brooklyn’s model DA
- Not the News: ISIS Highly Insulted by Trump’s Crediting Obama as Founder
- SORA: The human cost of junk science
- The NY Court of Appeals gets its comeuppance
- Guest Post: Exoneration after 25 Years Is Great but Competent Appellate Review at the Time Would Have Been Better
- Justice Ginsburg speaks her mind. . . and is sorry.
- Punishing misconduct: Prosecutors can dish it out but can’t take it
- Court of Appeals to Squawk: Drop Dead
- Is a Parrot’s Statement Testimonial?
- Time for courts to put their money where their mouth is about eyewitness misidentification
- Guest post: Proposed Additions to the NY Penal Code
- Sheldon Silver’s Life Matters: Part 2
- Sheldon Silver’s Life Matters
- We find no error “under the circumstances”
- How the Appellate Division reads your brief
- Happy 20th Birthday, SORA, may you die soon.
- A Matter of Gravity
- More Client-Centered than Thou
- Judge Weinstein at the Brooklyn Historical Society
- Can Lawyers Be Robots?
- JUDGE WOOL TAPPED FOR HIGH COURT CHIEF, VOWS REVERSAL QUOTAS
- Follow Appellate Squawk on WordPress.com