The Law is the true embodiment
Of everything that’s excellent.
It has no kind of fault nor flaw,
And I, my Lords, embody the Law.
– W.S. Gilbert
Like this blog?Bookmark it and inflict it on others!
Judge Wool says
“Tolerance is essential in a free society. And tolerance is most meaningful when it’s mutual.”
Supreme Court Justice Kennedy at oral argument in Masterpiece Cake Shop v. Colorado Civil Rights Commission (Dec. 5, 2017).
- Maestro James Levine
- “What cross-race charge? What are you talking about?”
- Court admits expert water-dunking testimony as relevant, helpful to jury.
- Chief Judge orders prosecutors not to be crooked and defense lawyers not to be incompetent
- “Hands up, motherf*cker! This is a request for information!”
- “Give me a lawyer, dawg.”
- President Trump takes to the street
- Squawk is interrogated
- Privacy for me but not for thee
- Let’s remove offensive statues from Central Park
- When is parody a crime? When nobody gets it.
- Thoughtfully prosecuting your client
- Law vs. Science
- Searching for the right court for your appeal? View these 521 customer reviews.
- Is a lawyer a “significant individual”? Court says nix.
- Squawk has been ungood
- Police Commissioner announces new anti-spitting technology
- “The War on Sex”
- Are you a cissy?
- Powerpoint for the defense
- Prosecutor Powerpoint and Wigmore’s horse
- In memory of Dennis Murphy, public defender
- When is a trial not a trial? When there’s no jury.
- How to describe judicial decisionmaking without being held in contempt
- The Court of Appeals rules on SORA
- From the archives: Judge Rakoff on graffiti and Oedipus Rex
- Lunar New Year message: take a tip from the fish
- DOJ recommends new photo array procedures: no hints allowed.
- Buttering up the judge
- Judge Saxe tells all
- Happy New Year from the compassionate NYPD
- Santa Claus is Level 3
- Vwar deer or vor dire? A guest post from the Public Defender of Harris Co., Texas
- Trump promotes job opportunties for ex-offenders
- Brooklyn DA prosecutes purse snatching as a hate crime
- Is your brief turgid and prolix?
- What’s wrong with this picture?
- Squawk is sent to PC training — again.
- What do legislators know about the Constitution?
- How to keep your brief under the word limit
- Do prosecutors know the truth from a lie?
- Homeland Security announces contest for best sex offender passport design
- Brooklyn DA Thompson on Gun Control
- Prez advisors warn: halt convictions based on pseudoscience
- Ken Thompson, Brooklyn’s model DA
- Not the News: ISIS Highly Insulted by Trump’s Crediting Obama as Founder
- SORA: The human cost of junk science
- The NY Court of Appeals gets its comeuppance
- Guest Post: Exoneration after 25 Years Is Great but Competent Appellate Review at the Time Would Have Been Better
- Follow Appellate Squawk on WordPress.com