YouTube video of cops beating up a guy in the Bronx. Two cops haul him off the bus and hold him while he searches his pockets for his ticket. When he finds it and indignantly shows it, they don’t let him go but continue to manhandle him. Four more cops join in, they wrestle him face down to the ground and handcuff him. With five cops on top of him, another cop kicks him. And that’s what they do if you have your ticket.
Like this blog?Bookmark it and inflict it on others!
"He'd rather listen to himself talk than read the research."
-- One scientist about another
Judge Wool says
- Don’t forget your bus ticket in the Bronx
- Valentine’s day card from Capital One
- Humor, Brooklyn DA style
- NYPD deprived of stop ‘n’ frisk turns to eviction
- Peering into peer review
- Judge Magoo pulls our leg
- Bronx judge censured over potted plant
- Where to get a bail bond in the Bronx and other advice
- Prosecutors’ junta gets coal in its stocking for Christmas
- Stocking stuffers for holiday judge-shopping
- The naughty/nice hearings
- Appellate Squawk’s holiday guide to judge-shopping
- “I’m Going to Federal Court! with Mark & Julie”
- Terrorists force First Department to read briefs
- Don’t call the Government the Government
- Advice from a talking paper clip
- The immortal NY Court of Appeals
- The interrogation industry: Part 2
- The interrogation industry: Part 1
- Eliot Spitzer finds Jesus
- Fast food, slow law
- Judge Wool’s guide to appellate review
- Everything is voluntary. . . in its own wa-ay
- Mayor Bloomberg says soda makes you fat
- SORNA: Buy it first, then ask if it works.
- Secrets of appellate advocacy
- The court interpreter knows the witness? No problem.
- Committing felony marriage
- Courts are shocked, shocked, to learn of false confessions
- The NYPD Patrol Guide to the Constitution
- California squawkin’
- Demolishing the 4th Amendment
- Let’s put the Claws back into Confrontation!
- Courts to implement new Kwik-Affirm (c) software for criminal appeals
- The appellate process explained
- Justice Scalia kills at Bench ‘n’ Bar
- The lucky bag scam
- Squawk at oral argument
- “Dear Judicial Ethics Committee” – part 2
- Judge Wool’s 2012 Court of Appeals Highlights
- Sexperts in court: Part 2
- Sexperts in the courtroom: Part 1
- Squawk survives Sandy
- Squawk goes on vacation
- Scalia and Posner duke it out
- Judge Wool’s Judicial Horoscope
- Forget legal writing: draw comic strips
- Crime doesn’t pay. Join the NYPD instead.
- There’s no such thing as Brady material: Final installment (for now)
- There’s no such thing as Brady material: Part 2